Global Retreat Centre
To the Retreat Centre from anywhere in the UK By Car
Note: Some GPS / satnavs can take you to the wrong destination.
Please ensure that you enter Nuneham from the A4074.
From the SOUTH (London direction)
- From the M40, take Exit 7 (signposted to Wallingford) and turn left on to the A329 towards STADHAMPTON.
- After 4 miles you will reach STADHAMPTON; bear right at the mini-roundabout and go through the village. Follow the road round to the right and on to CHISLEHAMPTON (1 mile).
- In CHISLEHAMPTON, turn left directly opposite the ‘Coach and Horses’ pub onto the B4015. After approximately 3 miles, you will reach a large roundabout (Golden Balls). Turn right onto the A4074, signposted to Oxford and Nuneham Courtenay.
- After about one mile, you will reach Nuneham Courtenay village. Halfway through the village, take the only road on the left, which is signposted ‘Global Retreat’. After one mile, you will reach the Global Retreat Centre.
From the NORTH (Birmingham, Sheffield, Leeds direction)
- Leave M40 at Junction 9 and join A34 (West).
- Continue on A34 for approximately 12 miles, around the north and West of Oxford).
- Leave the A34 at the slip road signposted for Cowley/Henley.
- At the roundabout, take the first exit following signs for Cowley/Henley.
- Carry on to the next roundabout and take the second exit following signs for Cowley/Henley
- Proceed to the next roundabout and take the second exit signposted A4074 for Reading.
- After approximately 3 miles, you will reach Nuneham Courtenay. Take the only road on the right, signposted ‘Global Retreat’. After one mile, you will reach the Global Retreat Centre.
To Central Oxford from anywhere in the UK By Coach or Rail
By COACH- Disembark at Central Oxford (Gloucester Green Coach Station)
Please phone or visit websites below to enquire about times and fares.
‘OXFORD BUS COMPANY – oxford express
00 44 (0)1865 785 400 (weekdays: 9am – 9pm; weekend: 9am – 6pm)
Stansted/Luton and from any destination within the UK:
08705 757 747 (8am – 10pm) or www.nationalexpress.co.uk
By RAIL – Please leave the train at Oxford Central only.
Please phone or visit web-sites below to enquire about times and fares:
From anywhere in the UK:
To the Retreat Centre from Central Oxford By Local Bus or Taxi
By LOCAL BUS (then WALK)
Central Oxford TO & FROM Nuneham Courtenay (NC) bus stop.
The X39 and X40 bus to Reading. A 10 minute journey from Oxford, St Aldates (Stop H5). It operates at different times on weekdays, weekends and Public Holidays. For exact timings and fares, please see:
or call : 01491 837988 (weekdays only: 9am – 4.30pm)
Nuneham Courtenay (NC) bus stop to Global Retreat Centre.
When you get off at Nuneham Courtenay, cross the road and follow the sign to ‘Global Retreat’.
Walk down the narrow (unlit) road for about one mile (about 20 minutes) until you reach the Global Retreat Centre.
A special discounted price is available from Oxford City Centre with 001 Taxis (01865 240 000) You must mention this to the driver.